The What, Why, When of Cupping Massage
Bodhi Therapeutics offers Cupping as a stand-alone service or added to your regular massage. We use silicone cups either static (staying in one place) or gliding (similar to a massage stroke). Read more below to learn how cupping might be good for YOU!
What is Cupping Massage?
- Cupping therapy dates back to ancient Egyptian, Chinese, and Middle Eastern cultures. One of the oldest medical textbooks in the world, the Ebers Papyrus, describes how the ancient Egyptians were using cupping therapy in 1,550 B.C.
- Through the application of cups to the skin, suction is created to pull the superficial tissue up and off the underlying tissue and bone.
- Cups can remain static, or be moved about more like massage.
- It is currently used most commonly by acupuncturists, physical therapists and most recently is being integrated into massage therapy
How is cupping performed?
- By use of glass, plastic or silicone cups.
- Suction is applied to the body creating distraction of tissue, rather than compression.
- Cups may remain static for periods of time or be moved about similar to a massage stroke.
- Relief of compression
- Relaxing at times
- Pulling sensation
Why would you get cupping?
- Muscular issues: pain, tension, cramps, stiffness, etc
- Encourage lymph flow and increase blood flow
- Reduce inflammation
- Helps break up scar tissue and adhesions
- Helps to reduce anxiety, fatigue and depression
- Stimulates the relaxation response
- Can even reduce cellulite!
Who is cupping good for?
- Just about everyone!
- Scar tissue
- chronic tension with no relief from traditional massage
- Sensitive to compressive forces
- Mild inflammation (post-sport)
Who is Cupping NOT good for?
- Bone fractures
- Bleeding disorders
- Metastatic cancer
Numerous heartiness conditions can affect the muscles that can slow the flow of blood, making your body’s preparation for sex tough. What drugs exist? Let’s talk about varied medicaments you can purchase from Internet. Many consumers consider about “online viagra“. How effective is Cialis? When you purchase remedies like Cialis you must discuss with your pharmacist about “http://sildenafil-generic.biz/viagra-without-prescription.html“. A number pharmacies describe it as “viagra online without prescription“. Low libido isn’t the same as impotence, but a lot of similar aspects that stifle an hard-on can also dampen your interest in sex. Any preparation may cause dangerous side effects. For some men side effects can be really dangerous.